• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Best area near Denver to live with ski access?

Skiing2BFreeInYYC

Certified Ski Diva
Hi, I am considering accepting a work assignment based out of Greeley, Colorado. Wondering if anyone has insights on which areas we should be considering if somewhat easy ski hill access is high on our list?

I’d only need to go to the office tues-thurs so I am open to a longer commute if it means we can beat the weekend warrior traffic out to the ski hill :smile: we have teenagers so a safe area with schools is a must as well

any other tips on relocating to Colorado are more than welcome! I hear it’s expensive, but I’m fortunate that my employer will be paying for a lot of it

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm not an expert on CO, but I believe the closest and easiest hill to get to near Greeley would be Eldora. They don't always get the snow that the other areas get, but you wouldn't have to deal with I70. Eldora is unlimited on the Ikon pass.

Skiing2BFreeInYYC

Certified Ski Diva
I'm not an expert on CO, but I believe the closest and easiest hill to get to near Greeley would be Eldora. They don't always get the snow that the other areas get, but you wouldn't have to deal with I70. Eldora is unlimited on the Ikon pass.
Thanks I have never even heard of it, will check it out!

SarahXC

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I remember the campus of the University of Northern Colorado being beautiful when I visited there. I think Eldora has done great Nordic offerings if those are of interest. Hope you have a great move (if you take the assignment…)

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
Will you be skiing mostly weekends? Doing day trips? How long of a drive are you ok with?

It's not the easiest to balance a location that's commutable to Greeley with an easy drive to Summit County. As @diymom mentions, Eldora is closest, and it's a great mountain when it's skiing good, but it's not really in the same ski experience category as A-Basin / Breckenridge / etc.

It might make sense to do a lot of your skiing at Eldora, but with a few long weekend trips to Steamboat or something, which is not a bad drive from further north in Colorado.

Real estate is getting quite expensive in some places in Colorado, but as someone who used to live in the greater NYC area I don't find the other costs of living to be bad. It really depends where you're coming from and what categories of living expenses you're used to.

Happy to answer more specific questions if you've got 'em. We've got a good number of Colorado women on the forum, too.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga