• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Winter Olympics 2014- The weird and the wonderful. (SPOILERS INSIDE)

segacs

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Canadian women's curling team just won gold after going completely undefeated for the entire Olympics. A great achievement for Jennifer Jones and her team!

Gearing up for the big hockey game between Canada and USA today for women's GOLD. Then tomorrow, Canada and USA face off on the men's side in the semis. Should be nail-biting.

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Gearing up for the big hockey game between Canada and USA today for women's GOLD. Then tomorrow, Canada and USA face off on the men's side in the semis. Should be nail-biting.
We will have to be enemies two days in a row! :beer:

segacs

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
OH MY GOD WHAT AN AMAZING COMEBACK AND VICTORY!!!

team-canada-celebrates-after-winning-gold-in-women-s-hockey.jpg

Sorry for the all caps. I'm just still in shock. That was amazing! Our women are GOLD!

Jilly

Staff member
Some of the jokes on facebook as all so good.

"the loser gets to keep Justin Bieber!"

Coach to the men's team - play like girls!!

A friend posted on facebook that she was wondering if anybody was working.......Tomorrow will be the same!

segacs

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Coach to the men's team - play like girls!!

What, you mean this one?

564684_10153867310010094_1998319337_n.jpg

A friend posted on facebook that she was wondering if anybody was working.......Tomorrow will be the same!

Hah! They can try... but I'm betting the internet will be down again. A bunch of ISPs nearly crashed today under the load of an entire country streaming the game at once. Tomorrow will be worse, I bet.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Nice shout out to Sarah Burke (yes, I'm behind).

gardenmary

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Nice shout out to Sarah Burke (yes, I'm behind).
Agreed.

I think NBC has officially gone straight over the edge, over-emphasizing the Skate Queen Drama. And this WITHOUT Nancy and Tonya. The dramatic music - the slow-mo footage - the "do you feel pressure" questions - gag me. I loved watching the short program but this is getting ridiculous.

segacs

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
GOLD in women's hockey. GOLD in women's curling. GOLD in men's curling. VICTORY in the Canada vs. USA men's hockey semi-finals and playing for GOLD on Sunday.

Excuse me while I do some Canadian gloating.

(We're normally very well behaved as a nation, but I figure we get to be insufferable once every four years so I'm gonna enjoy it.)

1891153_10152062356413305_660479346_n.jpg

1689932_10153827639630494_1364837685_n.jpg

https://deadspin.com/canadians-freaking-out-over-winning-hockey-gold-is-just-1527201523

1924536_10152184513297088_1480154636_n.jpg

And of course, the ultimate prize...

1654085_598685106890109_707924333_n.jpg

Christy

Angel Diva
Lol, the "American tears" made me laugh outloud. Well, good thing for all the golds, we don't want a repeat of what happened in Vancouver after the Canucks lost the Stanley Cup in 2011! (Sorry, couldn't resist).

SPOILER

I had to be somewhere at 9 am this morning but could not tear myself away from watching run 2 of the women's slalom (live) and so was 25 minutes late. My heart was absolutely pounding at the start of Mikaela's run--I can't believe how emotionally involved I get in these things. What fun it was to see her win. And almost as good was seeing how happy Marlies and Kathrin Zettel were--KZ started crying when she realized she'd be on the medal stand, with 2 racers to go, and was still crying when she went out to congratulate Mikaela.

zeebergee

Certified Ski Diva
The thing that had made me laugh the most these games was the Swedish free skier's pants around HIS KNEES! (Yes really) while competing. He ended up doing really well But I am sure that he fell in his first run because of HIS PANTS!

I was totally cracking up at that too - and the dreads to boot - he had it all going on!!

Mae, who loves to watch the people who do what they love and just don't care!

zeebergee

Certified Ski Diva
I am totally an Olympics junkie - my family is beginning to tire of it now!

Best moment - when we got back from the first day skiing, my 13 yr old says - Wow, I really get how hard this is now!

I love love LOVE the commentary from Johnny Weir and Tara Lipinski for figure skating - if they don't get their own show, it will be crime. They are a riot - and the outfts are not to be missed!

johnnytara.jpg

https://www.slate.com/articles/spor..._of_the_most_fabulous_skating_announcers.html

geargrrl

Angel Diva
I have a photo somewhere from the last Canadian gals medal win in Vancouver this gal is sucking down a giant cigar in her maple leave jersey, it's a. Great shot

Ringrat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was at a pond hockey tournament in Montana from Thursday night until a few hours ago. It was getting harder and harder to be diplomatic about winning...especially after Finland beat the US men in hockey rather handily for the bronze.

Christy

Angel Diva
I loved all the interviews Mikaela Shiffrin did. I'll be really sorry when they make her do media training because right now it's hilarious to see her be a goofy teenager with Bob Costas and everyone else.

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
I, too, am an absolute Olympics junky and would be in serious withdrawals if I weren't looking at a whole lot of my own skiing.

We went to the NC mountains for a race weekend the day of the Opening Ceremonies only to discover that the cable was out and we had NO TV at all that whole first weekend! ACK!!!

Fun now is seeing the Vermont gold medal Olympians returning home to their appreciative welcomes!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga