• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Days you’ve been on snow 2023-2024

BlizzardBabe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm sorry. I hope I didn't sound ungrateful. I deserve a slap thru the internet. I should appreciate my good fortune. I wish everyone had a very long season.
Not at all @Trailside Trixie !! I'm happy for you. I'm just a bit envious. :smile: But I'm very lucky myself. Theoretically, I could retire in September (65 at last!), and ski every day next season. I just haven't made that decision yet. If it weren't for my hubby's work and boating obsession (which is just as bad as my ski obsession), I'd retire and move to New England. Even if I retire here, I'll still be free to travel north and west as I please. :smile: Hmmmm, maybe scaling down to part-time could work well . . .

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
Not at all @Trailside Trixie !! I'm happy for you. I'm just a bit envious. :smile: But I'm very lucky myself. Theoretically, I could retire in September (65 at last!), and ski every day next season. I just haven't made that decision yet. If it weren't for my hubby's work and boating obsession (which is just as bad as my ski obsession), I'd retire and move to New England. Even if I retire here, I'll still be free to travel north and west as I please. :smile: Hmmmm, maybe scaling down to part-time could work well . . .
Oh no boating gads..$$$$$$$$ haha. Whatever you do enjoy. (I grew up on Lake Erie and still have boats) Part time sounds like a plan

IceHeeler

Angel Diva
I finished the season with 30 days. The mountain is still partially open, but I'm ready to focus on running again. It was a year of rebuilding my ski strength. My leg is a lot stronger than it was at the beginning of the year. I still struggle with rotation under pressure, so super wet dense snow is not my jam right now. Goal for next season: getting back into mogul skiing.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Yesterday was my day 61 and closing day for Sunday River. Saturday was really the gem of the weekend though.. it was that perfect spring day I always hope for in the 60s, blue bird, corn snow, and bumps galore.. absolutely glorious!! Something about that t shirt weather with a warm breeze on your skin while you ski along, it’s so freeing and smile inducing. And I just felt like everything was clicking with my skiing most of the day too, so I was pretty high on cloud 9. At one point I stopped for a break and a random guy skied up to me to tell me how good my turns looked and that I made the bumps look so smooth and easy when they absolutely weren’t. It’s always nice getting an unexpected compliment on your skiing, especially when it feels way more effortful than it apparently looked to someone else. That disconnect is so hard to grasp sometimes, but it felt good.

I am not sad for once, I feel really satisfied still right now as I had a really great season despite the mountains having snow challenges at times. It’s still my second highest days in a season ever, by quite a bit, and I’m really happy with some of my progress this season. I’m ready and excited to get more into golf season now though. Played my first 9 hole round of the season Friday with @Sparky, before heading North. PLENTY of work to do there, oh boy I hate being a beginner at this game lol. Now I’m itching to play more, and actually sitting in the parking lot waiting for a lesson I have scheduled to start at 7am. :smile:

I do however still plan to make it to Killington in May for more spring bumps, weather permitting. Still looking towards May 11th, and hoping to see some other Divas there!

IMG_1378.jpeg

Last edited:

jthree

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@MissySki any chance you'd like to meet up at Killington May 18 instead of (or in addition to) May 11?

I really really want to do spring skiing at Killington this year. But May 11 is the Saturday of Mother's Day weekend and I think my mom wants to come visit.

echo_VT

Angel Diva
Gah it’s been awhile and forgot to update.

72 so far…
71: morning corduroy at Stowe, groomed to perfection in the last week of operations. I practiced high speed carves with a hand drag from a progression I wanted to try. It was super fun! Then of course bumps. Lol. The trick was to lap the 6 pack and go to the shaded trails, as everyone was on the quad. Hayride bumps were hard-ish early but softened up well although a little inconsistent thru out, I think it probably got better a bit later. On skis.

72: morning corduroy AGAIN at Stowe but arrived a bit late bc I was getting snow tires switched off one of our vehicles LOL. Met up with a fellow instructor and we lapped all the runs. On snowboard this time. Bumps and We worked on our backside 1s off the side hits. Yes there was still so much snow coverage. Legs tired out way quickly and had to cut this morning shorter than the previous.

I meant to go again before leaving for spring break but I didn’t have the time unfortunately with work and then packing for the trip. Ugh I regret it of course. And coming back from spring break. I had an opportunity to meet up with instructors at Jay Peak this past Sunday but my body was dead. Alas, too tired from traveling. I did get 3 days sliding on water for wind sports :smile: And I know it doesn’t count, as it’s not snow. But also maybe that was part of why I was so done.

This weekend we have visitors coming, so it seems unlikely I will get to slide on snow this weekend. Sob!

May 11-12 I will be able to slide, and May 18-19. Jay Peak would be preferable but open to Sugarbush or Killington if there’s interest! Also open to ski touring at Stowe or Sugarbush (Mt Ellen) since those areas are closed but snow cover should be okay.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga